Hello Guys, As you all know it becomes mandatory to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number to keep the sim in Active Status. Previously, Reverification of Mobile Number via Aadhaar Card can be possible only Offline via Biometric Method. But now Government has sent instructions to Telecom Companies to follow OTP Method of Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number which make this process of linking of Aadhaar Card with mobile Number very Easy. In this new method, you won’t need to goto Shopkeeper as this new OTP Method can be done from home also. So let see details and how to Link Aadhaar card to Mobile Number Online using OTP Method.
Note: We have added UID Receipt Number in the Post. Now no need to goto anywhere for Linking Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number
Why Aadhaar Card linking to Mobile Number Important?
Government has given Instructions to All Telecom Operators Companies for Reverify mobile number via Aadhaar Card. Telecom Operators like Idea, Airtel, Vodafone already started sending SMS to their users for Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number. It is done to Reduce Frauds and issue of Fake Sims without any Proof.
It is necessary to Link Aadhaar card with Mobile Number as early as possible before 1st week of February 2018 otherwise you might end up losing your Mobile Sim.
Types of Methods to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number:
1. Biometric method to link Aadhaar card with Mobile Number
This is an Offline Method and you need to visit nearby recharge retailer or your Telecom Operator Store. We have already posted a detailed post of Biometric Method of Aadhaar Card link with Mobile Number. You can check it out here
2. OTP Method to link Aadhaar card with Mobile Number (Starts from 1st December 2017)
This is an Online Method and can be done from home. There is no need to visit anywhere for Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile number via OTP. Best method for users who are currently outside Country or lives in different state.
Do you Use Amazon Pay on Other Sites? Then also See these Wonderful Amazon Pay Merchant Cashback Offers
Good Method For People:-
1) Handicap / Met with an Accident and cannot walk
2) People who are outside India
3) Lives in different State
4) Recharge Retailer asks for money to link Aadhar Card.
This Method solves all problems faced by these type of people and User from any State or Country can now link Aadhaar card to Mobile Number hassle free.
Features of this OTP Based Method:
- No need to pay money for link Aadhaar card to Mobile Number.
- No need of Fingerprint biometric verification.
- Can be done from Home
- Easy and Simple
Want to Get Jio Mobile Phone for Free? Have a Look at How to JioPhone 4G Mobile at Rs 0 :)
These are the things required to Link Aadhar Card with Mobile Number via OTP or SMS
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Aadhaar Number must have Mobile Number linked to Receive OTP for Verification
- Obviously, you should have Mobile Number which is linked Aadhaar card for getting OTP.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online via OTP Method:-
1) First of all, Call the UID Receipt Number 14546 Provided by your Network Operator
We will update UID Receipt Number of all Telecom Operators Here after 1st December 2017
2) Send your Aadhaar Card Number or the Person Aadhaar Card to whom Sim card Issued to UID Receipt Number
3) Now Telecom Operator will do Verification of Mobile Number itself.
4) Now Telecom Operator will Send Request of OTP to Govt Aadhaar Portal.
5) You will receive OTP through SMS to your Mobile Number linked in Aadhaar Card.
6) You have to send OTP to Telecom Operator.
Note:- It is important that your Aadhaar Card have mobile number linked to receive OTP and you also have access to that Aadhaar Card linked Mobile Number.
7) That’s it, Hurray! You have successfully Linked Aadhaar card to Mobile Number.
8) Enjoy! Continue using your Mobile Number for Calling, Surfing Internet without worrying anymore.
Have any incorrect details on your Aadhaar Card? If yes then check this guide: Aadhar Card Correction
Also Check –
Commonly Asked Questions:-
- Is it Necessary to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number?
Yes, It is necessary to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile number otherwise your Sim will Deactivated after 6 February 2018. Don’t worry you have so much time to link aadhaar card with mobile number.
- What is the last date for linking Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number?
Last date to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile number is 6 February 2018.
- Is it possible to link Aadhaar card with Mobile number online?
Yes it is possible now to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number from home thgrough OTP or SMS.
- Why has government made it mandatory to link aadhaar card with mobile number?
It is done to Reduce Fraud and stop issue of fake and multiple Sims and for users safety.
- Any charge for linking Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number?
No, it is absolutely free to link Aadhaar Card with Mobile number Online.
So this is a Complete guide of “How to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number Online” via OTP. Now Easily Link Aadhaar card to Mobile Number by sitting in home or any corner of country.